There really is no set measurements, the more ingredients you buy the more you can make. I'd say one package of everything makes about 30 or little more.
What you need:
1 box of Vanilla Wafers
1 jar of Vanilla Frosting
1 small package of coconut flakes
1 large bag of mini York Peppermint Patties (or two smaller bags)
Green Food Dye (Red is Optional)
1. Prepare a bowl of coconut flakes with a few drops of green food dye, mix well.
2. Unwrap all the individual peppermint patties.
3. Optional to separate a little bit of the vanilla frosting and dye it red. I say optional because it takes a whole lot of red food dye to even get a red color. You can just leave all frosting white, as it looks like "mayonnaise".
Now the fun part, and this is fun for kids to help out with.
1. Put a little white icing on the bottom of each wafer.
2. Stick on a peppermint pattie.
3. Add a little more icing (red if you have it)
4. Press on or flip over and press the pattie/wafer combo into the coconut.
5. Ice the bottom of another wafer and press on top gently.
6. Add a tiny drop of honey to the top of the "burger" and spread it a little.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of sesame seeds on the honey to stick.
Hope you can enjoy this recipe at one of your picnics this summer. It is a lot of fun, everyone loves them and raves over how cute they are. The recipe is really simple and I'm positive that kids will fly at the chance to help out with this one!
A couple years ago I put together a slideshow of how to make these on my old YouTube channel. Watch the video below.